Stellenbosch SIAM Student Chapter
The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) aims to increase exposure to Applied and Computational mathematics. This includes promoting research whilst providing access to information. This also includes creating a platform for networking among students and industrial contacts.
Purposes of the Student Chapter :
- Increase exposure to mathematics in real-world and industrial applications for members.
- Promote interest in applied mathematics amongst engineering and science students.
- Create a platform for networking between students, faculty, and industrial contacts.
Plans for the Chapter:
- Seminars and workshops from former students and people in industry.
- Organise a student conference.
- Arrange outreach public talks/workshops/seminars for local highschool students.
- Social events: e.g., math movie night at campus cinema, etc.
PositionPosition: Treasurer / Secretary